Our Selection of trees & shrubs
Small trumpet shaped flowers on arching branches. Grow to about six feet.
Maples are known for their fall foliage color, make great shade trees, and are also grown for timber.
Althea (ROSE OF SHARRON)
Upright deciduous shrub is extremely hardy and produces large quantities of flowers throughout the summer. Grows up to 12 ft. Prune to shape in first two years with light trimming after that to maintain a compact form. Not picky about pruning times. Very drought tolerant.
Spring flowering shrub.
Large family of deciduous shrubs. Easy to grow and thrive in most soils. Very effective as a barrier due to their spines and sometimes prickly leaves. Full sun is best. Can be easily trained as a hedge.
Large amounts of pea-like flower clusters in spring to early summer with attractive elegant buds. Branches low to the ground and rarely exceeds 12 ft.
Conifers with tiny branchlets with flattened appearance.
Leyland- Very fast growing tree useful as windbreaks and for privacy.
Gold Thread, Gold Mop,
Cripsii- Broad golden pyramid shape. 10-15ft
Red Twig- 6ft tall with white fruit and red branches.
White, Kousa, Varig-y Twig cr Dmnt. Pink. Red, Weeping White, Venus Huge Bloom, Golden Glory, Corylus
Coral Beauty, Nana Compacta, Scarlet leader
Crimson Cloud, Ohio Pioneer, Vaughnii-Cl
Pipsqueek, Burning Bush, Manhatten, Emerald and Gold, Emerald Getty, Golden
Tri Color, Spaetianus, Purple, Rohannii
Gold Cluster, Gold Bell, Lynwood Gold
Autumn Purple, Summit, Cimmaron
Shademaster, Skyline, Sunburst, Purple Robe
- Red Delicious: This large, crisp and juicy apple has waxy red skin with pure white flesh. ripen from September to October, making a nice garden display and is semi-self fertile.
- Jonagold: Cross between the crisp Golden Delicious and the blush-crimson Jonathan. They form a large sweet fruit with a thin skin.
- Red Rome :A medium-large, round apple with red skin. It has a greenish-white, fine grained, juicy flesh that is used primarily for baking. The late blooms avoid any lingering spring frosts to ensure an abundant crop. Ripens from September into October and is a good choice to use for wildlife.
- Fuji: One of the favorite fresh eating apple trees in America. This firm, crunchy, juicy, white fleshed apple has excellent flavor. Medium size. Tollerant of summer heat. late abundant crop. The Fuji Apple Tree is the latest ripening southern apple, coming off the tree in mid-September. 350-400 chill hours. Pollinizer needed.
- Wine Sap: Grown for their crisp tangy fruit. The apple is round, medium in size and has bright to deep red speckled skin. It keeps well and is great for fresh eating, dessert, canning or juice. Apples in September or October.
- Gala: A crisp, sweet and juicy apple with excellent flavor. This medium sized, round shaped apple has a golden yellow skin with a reddish orange blush. Can handle a considerable amount of summer heat. It ripens mid-August to early September and cross pollinates well with Golden Delicious. The Gala apple requires 500 chill hours and needs a pollinizer.
- Lodi: Early transparent (yellow) June apple.
- Jonathan: A medium-large size sweet apple with a strong touch of acid making it a wonderful cooking and juicing apple. The flesh is crisp, white and juicy. A late-ripening red apple that is harvested in August.
- Mutsu: Cross between the Golden Delicious and the Indo apple.
- Star: Medium sized bright red to mahogany skinned cherry, with yellow, juicy tender flesh. small tree, naturally, only grows 8 to 10 feet. highly productive sour cherry that is extremely cold hardy and disease resistant. North Star has a prolonged ripening period from late June to late July.
- Montmorency: Most popular dessert cherry. large, bright red fruit with firm yellow flesh. It is very cold tolerant, and disease resistant. This heavy producer of excellent sour cherries. The Montmorency is self-fertile and ripens in late-July
- Black Tartarian :Medium sized purplish-black sweet cherry. The flesh is dark red, juicy, very rich and delicious. This erect tree is a productive and vigorous grower.
- Bing: Most popular sweet cherry. This large, dark red skinned cherry is very productive and is excellent right off the tree or for cooking. Fruit that is firm, sweet, reddish-purple on the inside and is very juicy.
- Moonglow: Similar in shape as the Bartlett and has soft, juicy flesh that is nearly free of grit cells. Large with brownish-green skin and requires a pollinator for best production. Very resistant to fireblight. ripen in early August, about two weeks before Bartlett
- Bartlett: Juicy white flesh. large pear has a round bell shape on the bottom and a short neck on the top half. Bartlett is a self-fertile variety however it produces much better when planted with a partner. ripen in August
- Hale Haven
- Elberta: Very popular, large, juicy, sweet. Harvest in late July.
- Belle of Georgia: Old time favorite for making peach ice cream. This large white meat peach is a very heavy producer. Ripens in August
- Methley: This early June ripening southern favorite has deep red-purplish skin and amber with red streaked flesh. Methley is a medium to large high quality fruit found readily in farmer's markets. The tree is a self-fertile Japanese variety.
- Santa Rosa: Santa Rosa is the most important commercial and home variety for good reason. Its large oval purplish-red fruit has firm, rich, pleasing, sweet-tart flavor. Santa Rosa is self-fertile and ripens in mid-June.